Saturday, March 08, 2014

Who is Ginny?

For anyone here who I have not yet been introduced to, read my friend's post here!

An Introduction to the Dog Blogger

Now that I have been formally introduced, I wag my tail in welcome to everyone here! I am Ginny, a blogging dog. Yes, you guys read that right and it is absolutely a 100 woofcent true, I am a dog with a blog!

My friend and I had this idea for a long time that the best puppy advice can come from a fellow dog herself. So I decided to take this responsibility to help all my close and distant cousins become as royally spoilt as I am!

To the dog lovers here, I just want to remind you guys that a dog needs and asks for nothing but your love. You guys have friends and social lives but our entire world is you. We will be happier sleeping on the floor next to you than on a thick mattress alone. The luxuries do not matter, your company does.

Faithful Dog Heroes
Hachiko Statue at Shibuya Station, Japan
I'm sure most of you know the story of Hachiko. For anyone who doesn't, in 1924, Hidesaburo Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo, took in Hachikō, a golden brown Akita, as a pet. During his owner's life, Hachikō greeted him at the end of each day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno did not return. The professor had suffered a cerebral hemorrhage and died, never returning to the train station where Hachikō was waiting. Each day for the next nine years Hachikō awaited Ueno's return, appearing precisely when the train was due at the station. For more about him and his story, click here. Do watch Hachi: A Dog's Tale, the movie if you already haven't (These damn onions!). A dog's loyalty is everlasting, and Hachiko's story is an epitome of this fact. 

I am here to advice you guys on anything you need to know to make your dogs feel loved and pampered. Please do ask questions and I will be happy to answer them. For any personal assistance, you can always send me an email.

For anyone planning to add a four legged member to their family soon, whether it's buying a dog or adopting a dog, look out  for my next post. I will be writing about the dos and don'ts of taking up this giant responsibility.

Woofing off for now!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
- Unknown

2 comments:

  1. Waiting for more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karamvir! Do subscribe via email to keep yourself updated about all the new posts!

      Delete